Bone marrow is one of the best supplements that you can take if you want to improve you dental health and your immune function. Many alternative health practitioners are recommending bone broth and bone marrow supplements including Dr. Kellyann Petrucci, The Bone Broth Diet, and Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, The Gut and Psychology Syndrome Diet.
Taking bone broth or cooking bone marrow and eating it can be somewhat inconvenient. It can be difficult to source bone marrow. That’s where Grass Fed Bone Marrow Supplements can help! These are easy to order and convenient to take on a daily basis.
Here are the top three Bone Marrow Supplements:
Name: Ancestral Supplements
Website: Available at Amazon.com
Owners: Brian Johnson
Ancestral Supplements Bone Marrow, Product Overview
The bone marrow supplement capsules come in bottles of 180. The bone marrow is sourced from New Zealand grass fed cattle. Each capsule is 1/6 of an ounce of bone marrow. It is recommended to take 6 capsules per day.
The bone marrow is freeze-dried from whole bone extract. Each capsule contains 500 mg. The whole bone extract includes grass fed bone matrix, grass fed bone marrow and grass fed cartilage.
The Good & the Bad
- Great way to get bone marrow when you are in a rush and don’t have time to cook bone broth.
- High quality, grass-fed bone marrow.
- Great customer service with Brian Johnson. He will respond to questions regarding health conditions and concerns with the product. Refunds and replacements are sent for defective products to ensure customer satisfaction.
- This product has 92% of people giving it five stars and over 1,000 reviews.
- My first order with Ancestral Supplements got lost.
- Orders are slow and take longer than the Amazon Prime 2 days.
2. CodeAge Bone Marrow Supplement Review
Name: Code Age Bone Marrow
Owners: Code Age
Overall Rank: 80 out of 100
Bone marrow capsules that are 100% additive free. There are no stearates, lubricants, fillers or flow agents. These bone marrow capsules are from pasture raised cattle in Argentina. The cattle are grass fed and grass finished.
The capsules are 100% frees dried and non-defatted. They are hormone and GMO free.
The Good & the Bad
- Competitively priced. While not the most expensive, it is also not the least expensive.
- Customers report improved hair and nail growth.
- Overall customers’ satisfaction – 83% give it a five star rating.
- Some customers’ complained about the cost. You can purchase 7lbs of bone marrow for the cost of the bottle of dehydrated bone marrow. However, you will need to prepare it.
- 15% of customers’ gave it a 1 star rating citing that Ancestral Supplements had a superior product. One person reported no effects from taking the product and another one reported getting diarrhea from the product.
Name: Grass Fed Bone Marrow Capsules
Website: PeakPerformance.com – also available on Amazon
Owners: Peak Performance
Overall Rank: 90 out of 100
Peak Performance Bone Marrow Extract Capsules feature nutrient dense bone marrow from Grass Fed beef that is dedicated to preserve the heat sensitive nutrients found within the cartilage and bones. It is made with the bone matrix, bone marrow and the bone cartilage.
This supplement is free of hormones and GMO. It has no fillers or flow agents.
100% Happiness guarantee. you can get a fast, prompt refund if you don’t love the product.
The Good & the Bad
- The price. This is the lowest priced grass fed bone marrow supplement on the market.
- The marketing is very similar to the higher priced bone marrow supplements on the market.
- 86% of customers’ give it a five star rating.
- SAVE 10% PLUS FREE SHIPPING WHEN YOU BUY 2 BOTTLES OF ANY PEAK PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS ❤️ Enter code PEAKSAVE10 at checkout.
- Doesn’t list where the grass fed beef is sourced like the other products. It could come from a variety of different grass fed sources which have different quality standards.
- For each bottle you purchase, they will donate to Nonprofit vitamin angels and supply vitamins to a child at risk of malnutrition. This makes me wonder how they can survive at this price point and whether the quality is very high. However, I have been pleased taking this product so far. It seems to have improved my own health.
Who should supplement with bone marrow?
Grass Fed bone marrow is excellent for improving joint function, increasing skin health and decreasing inflammation. The GAPS diet is a high proponent of incorporating bone marrow into your diet. People following the ketogenic diet often focus on getting higher fat soluble vitamins through bone marrow. Those individuals following a Paleo diet will also want to incorporate bone marrow into their diet due to the rich amount of vitamins and minerals in the diet.
For people who are following the concept of “like supports like” consuming bone marrow theoretically will improve their bone and teeth health. It may also improve the immune function as the major function of bone marrow is to generate blood cells.
My Final Opinion
I love taking bone marrow. It seems to be improving the overall sensitivity of my teeth. It gives me the peace of mind that I am improving my immune system and function by consistently getting some bone marrow in every day. When I first tried the GAPS diet, I discovered that I didn’t like drinking bone broth every day. Taking a bone marrow supplement is a good way to get the bone marrow nutrients in when I can cook up a pot of bone broth.
I love how the bone marrow supplements also fit into a ketogenic diet. They provide plenty of essential B vitamins and minerals without spiking blood sugar levels with carbohydrates.
I personally recommend the Peak Performance brand. It is the least expensive and based on the marketing, it is comparable to the other brands. They all claim to be from Grass Fed animals, they all have about the same amount of bone marrow per capsule. Each brand recommends about 6 capsules or the equivalent of one ounce of bone marrow supplement per day.
Peak Performance does support a charity that helps to provide vitamins to impoverished children, which is a nice goal. I’m hopeful that they aren’t providing poor quality vitamins to these children. This wasn’t a factor in my purchase, but it is a nice bonus for charity-minded individuals.