Deviled eggs are one of the most wonderful treats that you can eat. They are low in carbohydrates and packed with protein and healthy fats. Deviled eggs fit well into the ketogenic diet and the low carbohydrate diet. They are also paleo if you are following that diet! Deviled eggs are great for snacking and can replace some of the unhealthier chips and dips on your snack trays. (I say some because you may not want to upset your friends who haven’t dived head first into the low carbohydrate lifestyle.)
For a great deviled egg, start with steamed eggs or boiled eggs. (I steam mine out of convenience.) You’ll want to wait for them to cool before making deviled eggs.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill relish (optional)
- sprinkle with paprika
- Shell the eggs. Cut the eggs in half.
- Remove the yolks from the eggs.
- Mix the mustard, relish, and mayonnaise with the egg yolks.
- Once the yolks are thoroughly mixed together with the mayonnaise and mustard, place a teaspoonful of the mixture in each egg half.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve and enjoy! (To make it look fancier, you can take the additional step of putting the egg mixture in a pastry bag and piping it into the egg whites.)
Bring the deviled eggs to:
- Easter Dinner
- Snack trays
- Add to salads