Better Body Foods Coconut Aminos Review
Name: Better Body Foods Organic Coconut Aminos
Website: Coconut Aminos
Owners: BetterBody Foods
Overall Rank: 70 out of 100
Organic Coconut Aminos, Product Overview
Coconut Aminos are a natural, non-GMO, soy-free option to soy sauce that is Whole30 approved. It is created from the rich sap of the coconut palm, aged naturally, and blended with salt. Coconut aminos are a sweet source of the umami flavor that is used in many Asian dishes.
Coconut aminos are also gluten-free and paleo-friendly. It is an acceptable soy sauce replacement. This Coconut amino product is USDA certified organic, so almost everyone can enjoy it.
The Good & the Bad
- It is organic! You don’t have to worry about pesticides in this condiment.
- Whole30 Approved. Not a lot of foods meet the Whole30 criteria. This is one supplement that you can add to your dishes to jazz them up if you are following the Whole30 diet, the paleo diet, or are trying to go gluten-free and soy-free.
- No added sugar. This condiment can be used on the ketogenic diet without raising your blood sugar. It provides your foods with a sweet and salty umami flavor without spiking your glucose.
- The taste. It does NOT taste like soy sauce. It has a slightly sweet flavor rather than tasting salty.
- The cost. I feel the cost of $10 for a bottle was pretty high.
Who is BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Aminos For?
This product is marketed to people who are on elimination diets. It is great because it doesn’t have any added sugar. It is also gluten-free, soy-free, and MSG-free. It is an alternative to soy sauce for people who don’t mind substitutes for their favorite foods.
This product is good for people who are just adjusting to an elimination diet and still want the flavors that they had on the standard diet. It is great for people who enjoy experimenting in the kitchen with healthy recipes.
Coconut Aminos Uses
Coconut Aminos can be used in savory recipes with some tweaks. You may want to add some vinegar or sea salt to offset the sweetness of the coconut aminos. Here are some fun recipes to try if you want to use coconut aminos:
BetterBody Food Organic Coconut Aminos Price
The cost of the BetterBody Organic Coconut Aminos was rather expensive for a condiment. It was $9.97 for 16 fluid ounces of the coconut aminos. While you don’t use a ton of seasoning for each recipe, most condiments are much less expensive.
When compared to other coconut amino products, it is competitive. It was the least expensive one on Amazon at the time that I ordered it.
My Final Opinion of Organic Coconut Aminos
Thumbs down. I do not like substitutions. I was optimistic that I would enjoy the taste of the coconut aminos, but it did not taste like soy sauce to me at all. There was a lot more sweet flavor. It did not taste salty at all to me as I think of soy sauce tasting.
I have used it a few times and added vinegar to offset the sweetness in stir-fry dishes. It doesn’t really mimic soy sauce or tamari. It may be useful in a dish with other seasonings to mask the sweetness.
BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Aminos at a Glance…
Name: Organic Coconut Aminos
Website: Available at Amazon
Owners: BetterBody Foods
Overall Rank: 60 out of 100
VERDICT: NOT LEGIT – Does not taste like soy sauce. Poor substitution.