Ketogenic diets are great at keeping you satiated. You almost don’t ever need snacks. When you first get started on the ketogenic diet, snacks can help you to adjust. Friends and family may still be snackers and still want something to munch on when they visit.
Keep these ketogenic snack ideas in mind when you go to parties. You may feel like you can’t eat anything, but if they have some of these ketogenic snacks on hand, you can indulge! These ketogenic snack ideas are great for serving as appetizers too!
Ketogenic Snack Ideas
- Pork rinds– For those with salty and crunchy cravings, pork rinds provide you with a savory crunch without the carbohydrates. Pork rinds can be used in place of chips and dipped in guacamole or ranch dressing.[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B07SDR587Q” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51jprozFj-L.jpg” tag=”mcurle08-20″ width=”500″]
- Macadamia Nuts – Macadamia nuts are not filled with inflammatory omega 6 fats. They have high amounts of monounsaturated fat and minimal omega-6s.
- Boiled eggs- Boiled eggs are a simple and easy way to get some protein in. These ketogenic snack ideas are easy to make and can be used in a number of different ways like deviled eggs and egg salad.
- Pepperoni slices – Pepperoni slices are a very convenient and keto-friendly snack. Pork rinds can be packed up and taken on road trips or to sporting events. Look for pepperoni without added dextrose, maltodextrin and unhealthy preservatives.[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” height=”500″ identifier=”B00JH4U7US” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/6158JtnxF8L.jpg” tag=”mcurle08-20″ width=”500″]
- High-fat cheese – Hard cheeses can serve as a great high-fat snack on the ketogenic diet. They pack well with meat and nuts. String cheese, cheddar cheese cubes, and slices of Colby jack cheese are easy and convenient for keto snacking.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Summertime means eating fresh veggies. My garden is full of cherry tomatoes, which can be a great snack. They do have some carbohydrates, so make sure you don’t overeat them!
- Pickles – Satisfy your salty and sour cravings with pickles! These ketogenic snack ideas are low-calorie and can provide you with the minerals you need.
[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” height=”500″ identifier=”B071NN5X3K” locale=”US” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51lewo2CSmL.jpg” tag=”mcurle08-20″ width=”500″]
Remember, the goal isn’t to make snacks an integral part of your life. The goal should be to eat full ketogenic meals. These ketogenic snack ideas are there for you during times when you haven’t eaten enough or when a normal meal won’t happen for example when you are traveling or at a party.
4 thoughts on “7 Quick and Easy Ketogenic Snack Ideas”
Thank you so much for sharing this ketogenic snack idea with us. These snacks can be made sitting at home which plays an important role in the keto diet. Of these, I basically love to eat boiled eggs which will satisfy both my preference and keto diet. All these snakes mentioned in your article can play an effective role in the case of ketogenic.
Finally, I read your article, I enjoyed it, so I want to share the article on my Facebook group so that those who follow the keto diet can make and eat the snacks mentioned in your article very quickly.
I’m glad that you enjoyed the article. Good luck with the ketogenic diet! I know it has helped me a lot with my overall health and wellness.
Hello, the keto diet has been a very wonderful diet and of all the diets I have tried so far, I still find it the most complete and I just can’t stop learning about it. I am not on any diet lately, but it’s been really cool learning about the keto diet and these snacks are very good and I have seen some of them around in the supermarket nearby. Thanks for sharing
The keto diet started out as a therapeutic diet for people with epilepsy. Many people are concerned that the amount of fat will be dangerous, but it makes your brain work better and many people are finding weight loss benefits from it as well!