When going ketogenic, sometimes there still is a craving for old breakfast favorites. Pancakes are often one of those cravings. This post will teach you how to make keto pancakes quickly with just two ingredients! These are light, fluffy and taste great. Having a great ketogenic breakfast will start off your day the right way!
This recipe is great for one person! It will make about 2-3 medium-sized pancakes. This is perfect for an individual or two kids. If you need to increase the amount, use a general guideline of one ounce of cream cheese and one egg per pancake!
You will need 2 eggs and 2 ounces of cream cheese.
[easyazon_image align=”left” cart=”n” height=”124″ identifier=”B01CFCO2FY” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41h2-uDrwDL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”mcurle08-20″ width=”160″]
- Blender (I use the Magic Bullet Blender)
- Skillet (You can use a cast iron skillet. I have been using a copper skillet for convenience and because it is non-stick.)
- utensils – fork, knife
In a blender, mix together the eggs and the cream cheese until smooth. You can warm up the cream cheese to help it blend better, however this step is unnecessary.
In a skillet on medium high heat, melt a tablespoon of butter or olive oil. Slowly pour in the cream cheese and egg mixture. Wait for about a minute as the batter cooks. Watch for bubbles to form in the batter. Carefully, slide a spatula under the pancake and flip it. Be careful, as without gluten binding this together, it will tear easily! However, it still will taste great even if it does tear!
Cook on the other side for about 30 seconds to one minute.
Remove from heat.
Ketogenic Topping Ideas for Pancakes
I have been just topping my pancakes with a bit of butter and eating them plain. However, there are a few options that you can use to top ketogenic pancakes.
- A low carbohydrate syrup can be an option if you are on a ketogenic diet
- Blueberries – You can add blueberries to the pancakes or put them on top.
- Strawberries – These are a low carbohydrate fruit that fits well into the ketogenic diet too!
- Whipping cream made with stevia or your favorite zero carbohydrate sweetener.
- Berries and whip cream.
- Butter – it is zero carbohydrate and tastes great.
- Make them savory by topping them with bacon, cheese, chives or even salsa!
Having an option like pancakes for breakfast makes adjusting to the ketogenic diet so much easier! With only two ingredients and about two minutes of cook time, these pancakes come together in a snap!
This recipe only makes enough pancakes for one person (about 2-3 pancakes). Adjust the recipe for more people and servings.
The ketogenic diet is excellent for treating people with epilepsy, diabetics, individuals with Alzheimer’s and helps people lose weight quickly.